A residential, three-week program.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2016!
The Work/Study Program provides you the opportunity to experience the fun style of communal living that is unique to Lafayette Morehouse.
The Basic Sensuality course is included, the first weekend of the program. It will help you better understand our community's philosophical basis, organizational structure and agreements, as well as introduce you to the pleasurable ways of communicating and the attitudes that have fostered our gratifying relationships.
The program includes a room and some board.
In addition to an initial orientation session, you will have a guide and regular "check-ins" where your individual interests and concerns can be addressed.
As a work/study student you will be expected to contribute 30 hours per week on communal projects and "groovies." There will be opportunities to participate in diverse activities such as construction and maintenance cycles, auto and golf cart repair, gardening and landscaping, cooking, setting up spaces for events, improving the technological infrastructure, keeping someone company, driving or putting on a party.
Program participation can be terminated at any time by either party and can also be extended beyond initial length by mutual agreement.
To apply you must be at least 18 years old. We are specifically looking for people whose interest and skill set matches the goals of our community. If have any questions, please email Maxine & Kiva, the work-study coordinators.
Interested in the program? Please fill out this application
After submitting an application, an interview over video-conferencing is required.
Prerequisite: one weekend course, unless included in the three-week summer program.
Other things you might want to know
- The Lafayette Morehouse property is fairly large and abuts open land with rolling hills and walking trails, ideal for early morning strolls. Even though we're in the suburbs, it can be easy to forget there's a bustling world out there.
- There are several residential buildings.
- The rec area includes two tennis courts, a big pool, a clubhouse and a boxing ring.
- You may get to hear the world's greatest dance band, Willie and the Random Band. (They play some pretty good rock and roll too!)
- The Random Rockettes, a small dance troupe of residents and friends, entertains at senior centers and occasionally at special parties.
- There's a small workout room with weights and other workout equipment.
- A mall with a Starbucks, grocery store, drug store, restaurants, and assorted shops is an easy walk away.
- Public transportation to San Francisco is nearby.
- We like to have parties and have pleasure in mind doing whatever we do.
- We look forward to meeting you!
WORK/STUDY SUMMER '13